Ludza Youth Club “Umbrella”
Ludza youth club “Umbrella” (“Lietussargs”) was founded on 10 September 1998 with the aim to enable involvement of youth in social and culture life of the district, help young people realize themselves and their place in society, enable their self actualization.
“Umbrella” – it is not an organization or institution; these are YOUNG PEOPLE! “Wanting Doers” – you can call them in these two words.
These are young people in the age of 11 to 25 years, who come together and work actively.
Features: burning eyes, good sense of humour, creativity, daring, and a little rebel!
These young people come together and invent various crazy activities and realize them!
- Participation in town festival activities in Ludza, Neptune Day
- Halloween parties, Valentine’s Day parties, Christmas events
- Voluntary work at camps, events and projects of other organizations
- Friendship nights and activities
- 22 July – 31 July 2013 – summer creative workshop “Tom Thumb’s School”, supported by Ludza Municipality.
- 2012 – project-summer creative school “PikselMaster”, supported by Ludza Municipality.
- 2011 – 2012 – project “Creation of a filming studio”, EAFRD.
- 2010 – 2012 – international project “RENEW” in the lifelong learning programme “Leonardo da Vinci”.
- 2010 – project “LittleROCK”. Sponsor – Ludza Municipality, programme “Competition of small culture projects”.
- 2009 – 2011 – COMENIUS project “Public cooperation of Latvia and Bulgaria regions for integration of children with special needs into educational process / LABU for CHILDREN”. Tasks for the young people were the following: carry out a poll, write publications, create a video attachment to the methodical material, and take part in the international meeting in Bulgaria.
- 2010 – project of Ludza Municipality “Setting up a playground for children and youth”. Within the framework of the project, young people organized the opening event of the playground.
- 2010 – 2011 – “Purchase of sound system for Ludza youth club “Umbrella””, EAFRD. Sound system was purchased for young people and is being actively used by vocal-instrumental rock bands.
- 2009 – 2010 – project “Encouragement of youngsters’ employment in Ludza municipality”, financed by the Soros Foundation-Latvia